Be wise, eat smart: plan well in advance, go through the menu and pick the right food to help you stick on to your plan.
- Choose kid-friendly eat outs that offer a healthy children’s menu which includes small portion sizes with ample nutrition and good health.
- Tune your kids to accept milk as a beverage and fruits for dessert.
- Order plain foods. You can request for sauce if your child asks for it.
- Replace fried “sides” such as fries with carrots or apple slices.
- Ask your child to choose between two or three suitable menu items. To gain knowledge on suitable menu items for kids, please check the website www.firsteatright.com.
- Allow your kids to order their familiar favorites. You can offer a bite or two of the new foods from your order.
- Everyone, especially children, require ample calcium for their growing bones. Children can go for low-fat or fat-free white or chocolate milk or add a slice of cheese to the sandwich. Desserts can be any dairy treat like yogurt, a milkshake or frozen dairy dessert.